Slider

Why I Love Makeup Sponges

Monday 15 May 2017


Although I have an undying love for my flat top kabuki brush for giving me such a flawless finish with foundation, I will always have a place in my heart for beauty blenders/makeup sponges. The first makeup sponge I ever heard of was the beauty blender however I found a cheaper alternative and went for the Real Techniques Complexion Sponge and I’ve never looked back since. Nowadays, a variety of brands are bringing out different sized makeup sponges all for different uses and I have found they’ve made a huge difference in my makeup application. Here are a few reasons as to why I love makeup sponges and why I will continue to re-purchase them in the future:

They have unique shapes | Most beauty sponges will come in a sort of oval shape which makes the rounder side perfect for bouncing foundation over the main parts of your face, then you have the little point which makes it easier to get the foundation blended around your nose and underneath your eyes.

You can use them wet or dry | I like to use my complexion sponge when it’s a bit damp as I find it’s easier to blend my foundation out, also the sponge becomes softer and more flexible making it a whole lot easier to use. The only time I tend to use a dry beauty sponge is when I’m baking with loose powder, I like to pick up a good amount of product and bake underneath my eyes, my nose and my smile lines. It works perfectly and my makeup doesn’t budge for the rest of the day.

Cleaning them is super easy | Although makeup sponges claim to last a few months, they can actually last a lot longer if you take great care of them and clean them on a regular basis. I am the type of person who despises cleaning makeup brushes as I have way too many and I find it very time consuming, however I L O V E cleaning makeup sponges because they’re super easy to clean. Baby shampoo and a bit of olive oil works perfectly to deep clean and get out any staining that the makeup may have left.

Sponges give me the most natural yet flawless finish | My flat top kabuki brush will always be my favourite for foundation application however, it gives me a super full coverage that I don’t always want on a daily basis. Makeup sponges are for the days where I want a natural looking skin day but I still want to look healthy and flawless. It’s also great to use when my skin is dry as it doesn’t disrupt the skin as much as a brush would.

I spend less time applying foundation | Using a makeup sponge I found has been the quickest and most efficient way to apply foundation with especially if I’m in a rush. They blend out the foundation super quick without the worry of having to try and blend away brush strokes or any dry patches.

I believe that everyone should have some sort of makeup sponge in their collection or at least try it, because I guarantee you’ll become obsessed with them just like I did. What are your thoughts on makeup sponges?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love makeup sponges although this probably explains why mine don't last too long, I'm rubbish at cleaning them (gross haha) I totally agree with them being a time savery, it's just so much easier! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look amazing! I love your blog, would you like to follow each other?:)

    http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a nice post. I really get why you love them so much! I don't use makeup sponges. I barely put anything on my face so I would not make the use of it! xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good sponge! I was always a brush gal but after using one I've never looked back! Definitely agree with you about the flawless and natural finish! Xxx

    www.lifeofem.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sponges are so good! I like using them for my contouring so its softer on my face and can use them longer compared to brushes!

    Vanessa x

    therealnessonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer sponges over brushes any day, I love the different shapes as they all work in different ways, especially flat sides to blend and other ends to get in the harder places. I love this post and love the sponges you've included. x

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan