Slider

Liquid Lipsticks That I'm Currently Obsessed With

Sunday 29 January 2017

A few years back you would never catch me wearing a liquid lipstick. Shocker. For someone who suffers with extremely dry lips, of course I found them to be an absolute pain to wear. They were uncomfortable and they made my lips crack and flake. I know, gross. Fast forward two years later, and I love them so much to the point where I literally wear them almost every day. I discovered the wonderful joys of lip scrub and lip balm which helped tons with my dry lips. I am now slowly building up my own little collection of liquid lipsticks and I have picked out a few of my favourites which I have currently been obsessed with recently…

              NYX Lip Lingerie – Bedtime Flirt
This was definitely a ‘Blogger made me buy it’ product as I saw so many great reviews about these liquid lipsticks that I wanted to join in and not feel left out lol. The texture of these lipsticks are kind of mousse like at first and then they dry down completely moments later. I have 4 different shades however my favourite is ‘Bedtime Flirt’ which is a gorgeous pinky nude that I find perfect for an everyday use. After a while, it does start to show all the fine lines on your lips but it’s nothing a lip balm over the top can’t fix! The longevity of these are great, they last for a good few hours and they don’t transfer.

2          Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick – Leo
These liquid lipsticks have one of my favourite formulas ever! Unlike the lip lingerie’s, these ones are much more liquid in texture and they feel very smooth when you first apply them on to your lips. They feel quite tacky at first but then they dry down to a matte finish within a few minutes. They aren’t completely transfer proof so keep that in mind and they can tend to come off around the inside of your lips after eating or drinking which is something most liquid lipsticks tend to do after a few hours. I have two shades out of his collection – ‘Posh Spice and Leo’ with Leo being my favourite as it’s more of a warm toned brown. If you didn’t know, I am literally obsessed with brown lipsticks.

3          MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer – Flair
I discovered these a few weeks back and I thought as the price range was only £3, these were going to be crap. I was very wrong. They work just as good and wear just as long as any other liquid lipstick that I have tried, it’s a bonus that they’re just extremely cheap! After a few hours of wearing this, the colour does fade a bit so you do have to re-apply once throughout the day. I have mine in the shade ‘Flair’ which is a dark burgundy colour, perfect for the autumn months (although I do love wearing this all year round). I wore this so many times throughout November/December and I got a hell of a lot of compliments on it.

4          NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams – London
I rave about these all the time to everyone. If you’re not much of a liquid lipstick lover due to how drying they can be, then I definitely recommend in picking up some of these bad boys. These are what got me into liking liquid lipsticks. They’re lip creams which don’t dry down completely on your lips yet still giving you the appearance of wearing a matte lipstick. It feels like soft velvet on your lips and they are very comfortable to wear. They cost £5.50 each which is an absolute bargain. My favourite shade is ‘London’ – it’s a perfect nude which works with a lot of different skin tones. I also love the shades Amsterdam which is a bright red and I have also got Moscow which is a dark blue… BLUE. I bought it because I thought it would be perfect for Halloween, but I seem to wear it on a daily basis when I’m feeling very daring.

I’m always on the hunt for some more liquid lipsticks, what are your favourites?
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. I love that everyone is still loving liquid lips! I think they've been my favourite lip trend (though I'm fond of lip oils too...) I've recently tried a Lip Lingerie and loved it! Loving the neutral shades you're going for!
    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the NYX lip creams, the Sleek Matte Me lipsticks, Smashbox liquid lipsticks and the Gosh liquid lipsticks :) x
    Holly ∣ Closingwinter

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan