Slider

Milani Conceal + Perfect Foundation Review

Wednesday 11 January 2017

 I’m pretty sure I’m a bit late to join the hype when it comes down to this foundation. Everybody has been raving about it so I finally decided to pick one up for myself. I’ve been using this Milani Conceal + Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation and Concealer (that’s a mouthful) for about a week or so as my daily foundation. I like trying out new foundations however I always seem to go back to my trusty Bourjois Healthy Mix as I feel as if nothing can ever beat that in my opinion.

When choosing a shade I must admit, I was pretty disappointed as the selection was minimal. I’m as pale as anything so I immediately went straight for 01 Creamy Vanilla which is the lightest shade however it’s still too dark for my skin. Slightly annoying. I found myself having to blend the foundation down the whole of my neck and even on the top of my chest to make sure it matched. It didn’t help that the product immediately oxidizes on my skin, which made me look even darker. That being said, I still managed to work with it and I found that once my concealer and powder are applied over the tip, it doesn’t look too bad.

The consistency threw me off a bit at first as I didn’t expect it to be so thick. I used one & a half pumps and I found that to be the perfect amount to cover my whole face with. It blended out nicely and didn’t feel too heavy on my skin which was something I was worrying about considering it’s a thick, full coverage product. It managed to cover any little blemish and redness that I had and it gave me a flawless satin finish. The foundation lasted on my skin throughout the whole day without any fading however I found that it had the tendency to cling onto some of my dry patches around my nose and mount, there I’d recommend using a good moisturiser and a hydrating primer before application.

I haven’t used this as a under eye concealer just because I feel like it’ll be too thick around my eyes  will most likely create creasing. I’ll just stick to the foundation side of things! The foundation retails for £11 and you can purchase it on Beauty Bay. I honestly do like this foundation and I would re-purchase again in the future however I would love to see Milani expand on their foundation shades.  


Have you tried this foundation yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan