Slider

Little Life Update: New Beginnings, Custom Media Kits & September Goals

Sunday 3 September 2017

Oh hey, September. Can we just take a moment to acknowledge the fact that it’s already September? Where has the time gone? I honestly feel like this year has completely flown by and it’s kind of scary. Can we also just acknowledge that I’m actually writing a blog post, for those of you that read my little blog and follow me on social media then 1) Thank you and 2) You’d know that I have been having some blogging struggles when it comes down to producing content and just genuinely trying to find the time. 


Even though the year has gone by within a blink, I can honestly say it’s been one of the best years so far. I turned 21, I got engaged and in this particular month I’m starting a new chapter. I’ve been a waitress/door host at a restaurant for 2 years and although I really liked it to start off with, I ended up hating it in the long run – don’t get me wrong because the people I worked with are great and I know I’ve made some friends for life however the job itself was completely draining and I just got so fed up of working evenings that I thought it was time for a change altogether. Tomorrow is the start of my new job as a trainee optical assistant and I couldn’t be happier about it, I have no idea what to expect but at this moment in time I’m feeling nothing but positive about it. One of my main goals throughout September is to work as hard as I can and to learn as much as possible. 

One thing that I have been enjoying in my spare time is creating Media Kits and after a lot of practice with creating some of my own, I am now offering to create Custom Media Kits for other bloggers completely free of charge. I’m in the middle of making one for the wonderful Debra-Bow and I’ve had so much fun in the process. If you want to get in touch with me about Media Kits then please feel free to contact me at: fadingtulips@yahoo.co.uk or DM me on Twitter.

I know we are only on the 3rd day of this month however I’m feeling super inspired and motivated that I have come up with some personal and blog goals which I would love to achieve in September and hopefully throughout the rest of the year:

Spend more time with my FiancĂ©: Having this new job means I don’t have to work evening shifts anymore which also means I can spend some much needed time with my fiancĂ©. He works days and I usually worked evenings which meant that we only saw each other properly at night before bed. I’m really looking forward to finishing work at 6pm and spending the evening at the cinema or just chilling at home watching a Netflix series together.

Buy a Domain: This is well and truly overdue. I have been blogging for over 3 years and I still haven’t managed to buy my own domain name. Not sure why or what’s stopping me however it will happen. I guess I’m just scared in case my blog doesn’t work properly afterwards but I don’t know. If anyone has any tips on domains then please comment below, I have no clue what I’m doing when it comes to that stuff!

De-clutter my makeup: As a lover of makeup and being a beauty blogger, I love to collect makeup. On the other hand I’m also such a hoarder which means I will keep everything and anything even if it’s probably out of date (so gross) and even if its stuff that I just haven’t touched and I know I won’t use. I like to keep everything. It’s a massive problem because now my collection has become too overgrown for my storage drawers and it looks like a complete mess.

Stop buying takeaways: Yes Charlotte, this includes those late night trips to McDonalds. I need to stop wasting my money on takeaways especially when I could be saving for more important things. It got to the point where I ate takeaways once or sometimes twice a week which is never good for you, I want to cut it down completely to around twice a month because you know, I can’t give up on Domino’s completely.

Get myself a new camera: I have a perfectly fine working Nikon camera, however I’ve had my eye on either an Olympus Pen or a Canon for a while now as the quality is a lot better and I love how you can change the lenses and it has WIFI. I know that it’ll be an investment but it has been something I have wanted for a while now and I know I’ll use it all the time therefore it’ll be worth it. Just need to get saving!

Photos taken by Taylor and Sarah: tmaemakeup and Ohitsare

----------------------------------------------------

Do you have any goals for September? How’s your year been so far? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan