Slider

A twenty seventeen reflection

Monday 4 December 2017


So, it seems a little strange for me to write that 2017 is near enough over. Done and Dusted. Just thinking about that scares me. Where the heck has 2017 gone?

Whilst having sometime to myself one Friday afternoon, I was flicking through some pictures of the past year and seeing that 2017 has actually been a wonderful year that’s treated me very well. Of course, I’ve had my ups and downs just like every human does but those bad days build better days.

I often think that we focus more on the next step in our lives that we sometimes forget to take a break and reflect. So, without further ado. Here are the highlights of my pretty wonderful year. 



GETTING ENGAGED
Hands down my favourite day ever. I have always been a real softy when it comes down to romance and all the lovey dovey stuff. I have dreamt of getting engaged for as long as I can remember, so it’s a little bit obvious that I was over the freaking moon when my boyfriend of nearly 6 years asked me whilst taking a stroll in Regents Park. God, just looking at my beautiful ring and knowing one day I’m going to marry my best friend makes me super excited for the future.

TURNING 21
Okay I admit, I was more excited when I turned 18 because ya’ know… I could buy all the alcohol in the world and go clubbing every weekend. BUT turning 21 was also a really great day and I kind of felt like an adult.

LOL.

But seriously, I spent the day in London with the best company, eating a ton of junk food and then had the most amazing family weekend you could ever ask for. What more could I want?

GETTING MYSELF A NEW JOB
It becomes very disheartening when you stay in a job that you hate for two long years. I was at a point in my life where I thought I was never going to get another job, especially one that I loved so much but boy, was I wrong. September was the beginning of a new challenge and although I’ve had a tough time to start off with, I have been loving every bit of it since and I’m learning so many new things through this amazing journey of mine.

THE PORTUGAL HOLIDAY
I was able to spend just over a week in such a beautiful country with my fiancé and his family. It was 8 days of pure relaxation and bliss. I loved waking up to 30+ degrees weather every morning, spending time at the beach or playing volleyball in the pool, whilst spending our evenings at the bar drinking the best strawberry daiquiris I’ve ever tasted and trying a bunch of new food.

Oh what I would give to be back there right this moment.  

These four things have been the main highlights of my year however I have so many little things that have also made my 2017 just that little bit more special: 


·         Seeing Wicked at the Apollo Theatre for the first time
·         Cutting my hair short and NOT regretting it
·         Spending a weekend away in Selsey with my best friend
·         Feeding the monkeys at London Zoo
·         Going for a surprise breakfast at The Shard
·         Spending a day in Brighton doing a pub crawl for my best friends 21st
·         Having a mini photoshoot in the lavender fields
·         Visiting Buckingham Palace for the first time
·         Attending the Total Wipeout Zone blow up course
·         Getting Ed Sheeran tickets!!

Despite having some difficult times, it’s worth remembering that there’s always light at the end of the tunnel and there are many positives to this beautiful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan