Slider

Glossier. Worth the hype?

Sunday 19 November 2017


If you haven’t already heard of Glossier then where have you been? I understand that I’m a little bit late on the trend here however everybody and their mother has been raving about this brand which has recently launched in the UK.

I placed a Glossier order myself and officially fell into the Glossier hype. The brand sells a range of skincare and beauty products. I did a ton of research on which products I thought I would benefit from because let’s be real here, they are a bit pricey (in my own personal opinion).

In all honesty, none of the makeup items really stood out to me as much as some of the skincare products did however what stood out to me the most with this brand as a whole was the simplistic yet beautiful packaging. Also the fact that I knew my purchase would come with a packet of cute stickers in which I can customize onto my products brought me a lot of joy, and of course it was the first thing I did when I opened the package.



Let’s start off with the Milky Jelly Cleanser which has become one of my favourite cleansers to use on a daily basis. It does state that you can use this for removal of makeup, I personally wouldn’t recommend it for that – I tried but I didn’t succeed and I found it very difficult when it came to removing my waterproof mascara. Instead, I like to use this as a basic morning and evening cleanser. It has an unscented gel formula which feels silky smooth when you massage this into the skin. This product is made with a blend of five skin conditioners so that the skin is left feeling soft and hydrated. I’ve said it many times but I am someone that suffers with sensitive skin and this product works perfectly for my type as it’s gentle and unscented. 


Moving onto the Priming Moisturizerthis product confused me at first because I wasn’t sure whether it was a just a hydrating makeup primer or a regular face moisturizer. Turns out, it’s both! I use this straight after I’ve cleansed my face as a moisturizer before bed however I’ve also recently used this as a base product before I go in with foundation. I’m not entirely sure if it does anything with the longevity of my makeup as throughout the day my makeup stayed the same way in what it normally does however it did help with the application of my makeup and made my skin look healthier. One thing I have noticed is that it evens out my skin texture and it gets rid of my redness in the mornings. It’s a very light-weight lotion consistency which is buildable and seems to sink into my skin within minutes.

I kind of bought the Soothing Face Mist because I ran out of my Mario Badescu and needed a quick replacement. If I’m being completely honest, I never know how to review face mists because they all seem to work and feel the same. It does the job of refreshing my skin when I feel like it needs a bit of a ‘pick me up’ and it does a good job in hydrating my skin but then again, so does all the other face mists that I’ve tried. One thing I will say though is that I love the spray on this, it’s not too powerful yet not pathetic either and I feel like you don’t have to use as much as what I would use on a daily basis. I would recommend using this after you’ve finished your makeup to give a dewy effect to the skin and to also get rid of any powdery-ness. If that’s even a word.

 


Have you tried anything from Glossier yet? What are your favourites? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan