Slider

6 Things I'd Like to Improve on in 2018

Thursday 11 January 2018

I’m not the type to set goals or resolutions each year because truth is, I’m useless and don’t stick to them. Seriously, one of my goals last year was to stop eating takeaways but I went and bought a dominos the day after. With the New Year and a new month in full swing, I am feeling somewhat reflective and inspired to make 2018 the best year yet and by doing that, there’s a few improvements I’d like to make.


Sticking to Scrapbooking: It’s only just been a recent hobby which I’ve discovered but it’s a hobby that has made me super happy for the past few weeks. Normally, I would enjoy doing something for a certain amount of time and then get bored in the long run. Luckily that hasn’t happened for scrapbooking and I constantly find myself bursting with new ideas for pages and forever wanting to take as many photos as possible. I would love to be able to complete many scrapbooks this year for all the memories which I’d like to look back on.

Focus on my career: The beginning of September 2017 opened up a whole new adventure within my career path. I was stuck in a job that I hated for almost 3 years that when I finally took a leap into getting this new one, it was like a sense of relief. I went through weeks of constant training to finally becoming qualified enough to move my way up in the company which is something I’d love to do this year.

Get back into reading: I have always had a passion for reading ever since I was younger. Who remembers the Jacqueline Wilson books? I had the whole collection (don’t judge). As I am now working full time, 5 days a week, I find myself not having a lot of time to chill out and indulge in a good book. I’m telling you now, this is going to be the year where I get back into reading. I will make this happen.

See more of the world: I’ve come a long way with my anxiety in terms of travelling. A few years ago, I wasn’t too keen on trains and even the thought of stepping foot into an airport made my anxiety go through the roof. Nowadays, I love train journeys and that means I am able to visit London a lot more (which is one of my favourite cities) without any hassle. Ok, I admit planes still scare me to this day however not as much as they used to and I can finally go to the airport without having a panic attack. I’m the sort of person who wants to see as much of the world as possible and to do that, I’ve gotta man up and get on an aeroplane. We have 2 holidays booked for this year, in 6 weeks I’m off to Edinburgh and in 5 months I’m off to America for the first time and I feel nothing but excitement.

Wake up early: Since starting my new job, I’ve had no other choice but to get up at 6:30am every day and then I’d have the laziest lay in on my days off which ends up with me missing half of the day and then I feel rubbish the remainder of the day that I have left. I want to train myself into getting up early each day, even on days off and just get out of bed.

Be kind towards others: Now I’m not saying that I’m not kind lol. I used to have very bad social anxiety which restricted me from talking to others as much and when I did, I was scared that I was coming across rude when I would never mean to. They say that when you’re kinder towards others you tend to treat and think of yourself in a kinder way too and the way you treat others is the way they tend to treat you in the long run. I’d like to focus on being kinder throughout my daily life whether that’s: holding a door open for someone, encouraging people when they’re unmotivated or just taking a few minutes out of your day to help someone. 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
I’d love to know what you guys would like to improve on this year. Happy New Year and may you have the best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan