Slider

Soph X Makeup Revolution Extra Spice Palette

Sunday 12 August 2018


I was beyond excited to hear that Soph was releasing a new eyeshadow palette in collaboration with Revolution (which is by far one of my favourite drug store brands). I purchased her highlighter palette previously and very quickly, that became my most used palette on an everyday occasion. Everybody and their mothers were talking about Soph’s first ever eyeshadow palette which I actually never bought. I will say that I find the overall layout of the Extra Spice palette way more interesting than the first. 
 

It’s without a doubt that the packaging is beautiful. It features a metallic rose gold base that has a lovely mirrored effect and used it with a pastel pink combination for the logo. One thing that I have noticed is that it gets covered in finger prints easily and I find myself cleaning the front after every single use. Mainly because I’m weird, like who has the time for that?

Inside the palette you are greeted with a full sized mirror which makes this little guy perfect for travelling with. There is a nice balance of shades in this palette with 12 mattes and 6 shimmers, all with a very warm undertone to them and they all seem to have cute, quirky shade names. My favourites being: Cookie Dough, Chocolate Orange and Vitamin C. I find that Revolution always have great drugstore eyeshadows and this one is definitely no exception, each shade is highly pigmented and they blend out beautifully. Some of the transition shades you need to build up slightly, which is fairly easy to do so.  
When it comes down to eyeshadow, I normally stick to the usual nudes/brown shades yet I feel like this palette is allowing me to step out of my comfort zone as there is a few pops of bright colours in here such as yellows and pinks. It’s quickly becoming one of my most used eyeshadow palettes in my collection.

The Extra Spice palette retails for £10 and you can grab your own here.
.♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan