Slider

Short Stories: Kill Joy by Holly Jackson Review

Sunday 21 February 2021

 

Blurb: “Pippa Fitz-Amobi is not looking forward to her friend’s 1920s-themed murder mystery party. But when the game begins, Pip finds herself drawn into the make-believe world of intrigue, deception and murder.

As Pip plays detective, teasing out the identity of the killer clue by clue, the murder of the fictional Reginald Remy isn’t the only case on her mind…”

Once again, Holly Jackson 100% lived up to my expectations. Her ‘A Good Girls Guide to Murder’ series are one of my favourite books from last year, and I think it’s safe to say that I’m a HUGE fan of her YA murder mysteries. Holly Jackson is a wonderful writer, her writing is fast paced, easy to understand and quite sarcastic too which I love!

Kill Joy is a short story only containing just over 100 pages and it was slightly different from her other two books, this is actually a prequel to her YA book series written for World Book Day – it follows our main character Pip (which we all know and love if you’ve read her others) who is not solving any real crimes but instead attending a murder mystery party and solving a fictional murder of the wealthy Remy family.

What I love most about this book, even though it was a short story – every single chapter ended on some sort of cliff-hanger making me eager to read more and not wanting to put the book down, but I just love books like that!

I think this was such a lovely little addition to the series, it’s set in the summer before Pip picks her EPQ therefore it was nice to have a bit of a back story which then opens up the plotline ahead in her YA books. This was a fun, quick paced short story which I really enjoyed and it’s made me even more excited for her 3rd and final novel from The Good Girls Guide to Murder series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan