Slider

6 Reasons Why You Should Buy a Kindle

Thursday 15 April 2021

During the second half of last year, I bit the bullet and bought myself a Kindle Paperwhite. After getting back into reading & being completely fed up of reading e-books on my phone, I’m so glad I bought this little device and it’s definitely been worth it. Now even though I absolutely adore the feel of a good paperback book and being able to flip through each and every page, the Kindle is super practical and has some great benefits.

Here are some reasons why you should buy a Kindle:

    Cheaper Books!

Based on what I’ve seen since having my Kindle, the books are considerably cheaper as apposed to the paperback and hardback versions. You’ll also save a ton of money not having to pay for delivery fees!

2.    You can read in the dark

I much prefer reading before bed as a way to help my mind and body relax better rather than scrolling through social media. The Kindle Paperwhite comes with a backlit screen which you can also adjust the brightness based on your own convenience.

3.    Reduces eye strain  

When I used to read e-books on my phone or iPad, the screen used to really strain my eyes. Where as with the Kindle, it’s very comfortable and feels like you’re looking at a paper page like a physical book. The screen on the Kindle is designed to reduce glare and that includes when you’re outdoors too.

4.   The battery life

I’ve had my Kindle for 8 months and I’ve only had to charge it fully 5 times! A single charge is meant to last for up to five weeks and that’s if you’re using it every day. I hate having to charge devices so this was a great seller for me.

5.    You can take it anywhere

Obviously you can take physical books with you anywhere too however how many can you actually take before they start to take up too much space? The Kindle is super lightweight and it’s small enough that you can carry it around in your bag with you. It also helps that you can hold an entire library of books on their so you’ll never have to stick to just one.

6.    It’s less distracting

When I used my phone or iPad to read, I’d always without a doubt get distracted as I knew that all of my socials are also on there. The Kindle is a purpose-built device used specifically just for reading, you will get fewer distraction with prolonged concentration. You may also find that you are getting through e-books a lot quicker than usual!

The kindle is honestly one of my favourite purchases of last year and I don’t regret it in the slightest. I’m the type of person who is always telling my friends and family about it! I was worried that I wasn’t going to like it due to the fact that I just love having a physical copy in my hands, but after a while you just get used to it and it didn’t take me long.

Do you have a Kindle?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan