Slider

476 Days Later...

Wednesday 18 March 2020


It’s been 476 days since I last sat on the laptop and wrote a post. 



In all honesty, I didn’t miss blogging in the slightest for the majority of the past year, there was way too much going on in my life that the thought of writing wasn’t appealing to me. It’s only been within the past couple of months that I have caught myself thinking about how much I enjoyed writing when I did and how it was more of an enjoyable hobby to me as well as a place where I felt like I could pour all my thoughts and memories out onto a page. After going back and forth between thoughts in my own head of ‘shall I try again?’ and ‘no one will read it anymore ’and ‘why I stopped writing’ – I have decided that I’m going to give this another chance and see what happens with it. What do I have to lose? 


A lot has happened since the last time I posted, one of the main events being that my fiancé and I moved out into our own little home. I’m pretty certain that in my last post I wrote about how we were looking at moving out together and we were due to see a mortgage advisor at the end of January 2019 – long story short, that appointment went better than we expected and we managed to save enough for a sensible deposit a couple of months down the line. We viewed a couple of houses, fell in love with one of them and put and offer on it at the end of July then 4 months later it was a place that we now call our home. We are loving every minute of having our own space. 


Another big thing which happened was that we f i n a l l y booked our wedding! We got engaged back in May 2017 knowing that we couldn’t even afford to have a wedding straight after so instead decided to have a long engagement until we were ready. In October 2019 we booked our wedding venue and date, the original date we wanted wasn’t available and I think we underestimated how far in advance you have to book these kind of things – our wedding will be in 2022 which gives us enough time to save up and plan the whole event and it’s also the year that we reach our 10 years together so thought that was quite cute lol (soz for the cheese). 


All in all, 2019 was a pretty darn good year for me. We are currently not having the best start with 2020 due to the Coronavirus outbreak which is happening all over the world at the moment. Some people are having to work from home until further notice, some are having to self-isolate themselves and unfortunately, those who are working in retail (myself included) are being made to either work reduced hours, reduced days or even take unpaid leave during this time of crisis. All I can say at this current moment in time is that we need to try to pray and hope that there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel and just know that you are not alone as everyone else is in the same situation. During these times, hope will be the best thing that carries us through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan