Slider

Shows & Movies that you should most definitely watch on Netflix

Tuesday 21 April 2020


In my last post I wrote about the things that you could do whilst in self-isolation and one of those things included Netflix. I’ve always been a huge lover of Netflix as it has such a wide variety of binge-worthy shows and movies to watch which makes it perfect to have during this self-isolation period. The amount of choice on there is almost a bit too much that you wonder where to start, this is where I come in to share with you some shows & movies that you should most definitely watch on Netflix! 


    1.    Prison Break
My new recent binge-watch which I am currently still watching just has to go on this list. I started watching this due to the fact that I heard SO many good reviews on it, that I thought why not just try it? It’s an American serial drama revolving around two brothers. One of the brothers (Lincoln) is in prison for a crime that he didn’t commit therefore his brother (Michael) purposely gets himself into prison in order to try and escape and get his brother out of there before he’s sentenced to death. They hit a bumpy road along the way and there is so many twists and turns in this show which just makes it so gripping and entertaining to watch. There is 5 seasons with 90 episodes overall and I promise you will not get bored.

    2.  Don’t F**k With Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer
This show got me hooked! This is a limited series on Netflix which contains 3 episodes overall at around an hour long per episode. Now I love myself a documentary as I’m so fascinated by them, this one in particular got me feeling a whole other level of shocked and angry. The story is about Luka Magnotta who posted videos on the internet of himself killing kittens… It’s pure evil and a little side note – it doesn’t show the killings of the animals but you do see snippets of before and after (it’s not nice). He eventually moves into killing humans, whilst on the side of this a group of people on Facebook have come together to find out who this guy is and where he is in order to catch him. It’s so interesting and basically like a huge manhunt!

    3.  Sex Education
I binge-watched both seasons 1 & 2 of this show within days. It’s a British comedy drama set around a teenager called Otis who is socially awkward and very unexperienced within the love department (if you get what I’m saying). Whereas his mother on the other hand is a sex therapist who is happy to speak about it openly to anyone. Otis eventually opens up a sex advice business in school with his friend in order to make money but he encounters some funny problems during that time. I’m not saying anymore as I don’t want to spoil anything but I find this show super funny and it’s such an easy watch that you will most likely finish within a couple of days like myself.

    4.  Too Hot To Handle
I genuinely promised myself that I wouldn’t watch this show because it just looked cringy and yes, it is absolute cringe but I caved in. I can’t help myself when it comes to reality TV shows, I just end up loving them all no matter how cringy they can be. This recently came up on Netflix, and it’s a dating show where the host of the series is a virtual assistant (similar to an Alexa) who give the cast specific rules in which they must obey to win the £100,000 cash prize at the end of the show, the plot twist is that these rules are: no kissing and no sexual encounters – if the contestants break these rules, a chunk of money will be taken from the overall prize fund. It’s a very addictive show to watch and if you’re a fan of reality TV then you should give this one a go.

    5.  A Quiet Place
I saw this film in the cinema when it first came out and I thought it was very well filmed and I loved the whole concept of it. I re-watched it the other day and had all of the same feelings. If you’re not a fan of horror films, then don’t watch this because there is a fair few jump scares however I’m a massive horror movie fan and found myself sitting at the edge of my seat in some parts. It reminds me of a post-apocalypse type movie, it’s about a family who have to live their lives in pure silence as there’s creatures roaming around the earth who hunt if they hear any type of sound. I’m not spoiling the movie by saying any more than that, just go watch it, it’s good!

    6.  To All The Boys: P.S. I Still Love You
Now this is for the ones who have already seen “To All the Boys I’ve loved before” and if you haven’t – go watch that and then come back and watch the second. You won’t understand any of it if you haven’t seen the first film. This is a light hearted romantic comedy about Lara Jean who is continuing her relationship with Peter however she becomes reunited with John, who is one of her love interests in the first film and one of the boys who she sent her famous love letters too. She is torn between both of them. It’s such a lovely, love story which I’m an absolute sucker for and I may also have a little crush for Noah Centineo…

Here are just a few of my binge-worthy shows & movies that you need to watch. Do you have any more suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great list. Too hot to handle was so cringy but I loved it and it was the drama I need right now! If felt oddly relatable to the current situation of no touching!!

    Em x

    https://loveemblog.blogspot.com/2020/04/12-things-you-must-do-if-you-visit.html

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan